What is a doula?
A doula is a trained companion who provides physical, emotional, and informational support to a mother during pregnancy, birth, and postpartum to help her achieve the healthiest, most satisfying experience possible.
Services & Pricing
Life's Journey offers doula support for birth and postpartum!
Birth Package - $800
- The one hour consultation: We will discuss your goals, options, and ideas for a positive birth experience. We can create a birth plan tailored to your needs.
- Two additional prenatal meetings at an hour each: We can discuss further any changes or additions to your birth plan. We will go over coping measures, position during labor and birth, postpartum plans, and more! We can help your partner in providing the support you may need during the beginning stages of labor. This is our time to help you best achieve the birth outcome you prefer.
- Continuous phone call, text, and email support from sign up to three weeks postpartum!
- Birth support: You will have continuous support throughout your labor experience. This will be at your birthing location. We will apply the strategies discussed and try to achieve your birth plan as best as possible. Do not feel under pressure if your labor takes long. You will have the support from beginning to even an hour or two after birth as you need! I can help assist you in settling with the baby prior to my departure at your birthing location. Breastfeeding support is available. This is a very special time and will be treated as such!
- Two postpartum visits at two hour blocks: This is a great way to reflect on your birth experience and help you transition to parenthood. This is where we will apply your postpartum plan and any additional support you may need. This is a time for healing, addressing any concerns and/or needs you or baby may have, and provide any resources or referrals you may need. The first visit will take place in your first week home and the second visit will be at three weeks.
- A special written memento of your birth experience for a nice way to remanence. This is a wonderful way for your baby to read about their journey into the world after the womb.
This is your journey and we're in this together!
This is a great way to ease the transition into parenthood! Being a new parent or the parent to your fifth child can be overwhelming, but know that you are going to receive the support you are looking for. This includes: infant care, emotional support for the family, breastfeeding counseling, organizing the household through light housework, resources, and more! This is your journey and we're in this together!
All packages include continuous phone and email support through the length of our time together.
Day Packages and Rates
Enjoy less worry and less stress during your day. The 3 hour block time is to be used during the available day hours.
Just the Beginning Package - $325, Includes: Three 3 hour blocks to be used in three weeks
Slow and Steady Package - $630, Includes: Six 3 hour blocks to be used in four weeks
Wonderful Transition Package - $1000, Includes: Ten 3 hour blocks to be used in six weeks
3 Hour Block Day Time - $112.50, Includes: One 3 hour block time
Additional hourly day rate - $40
Sleepy Time Overnight Packages and Rates
This is the time for a little peace, a little quiet, and a bunch of z's. The 8 hour blocks are to be used from 11pm - 7am.
Classic - $700, Includes: Three 8 hour blocks to be used in three weeks
Premium - $1300, Includes: Six 8 hour blocks to be used in four weeks
Elite - $2000, Includes: Ten 8 hour blocks to be used in six weeks
8 Hour Block Overnight - $250 Includes: One 8 hour block time
Combo (Birth and Postpartum) Package - $1,275
Includes: The Birth Package, the Just the Beginning Package, and an 8 Hour Block Overnight.
Serving New Jersey's Ocean and Monmouth Counties!
*If you are in need of doula services and can not financially make the full payment commitment, please fill out the contact area for more information. Every woman deserves the support she may need.
Children are an amazing blessing in our lives! The fulfillment in our hearts is completely indescribable. Time stands still when we look into their eyes. Who is this baby? Who will he/she be? Where will he/she go? What is his/her life journey? We may not know these answers, but what we do know, is that it starts with us.
Hello there! I'm Rosalia. I am first generation born here in the United States. I come from a very big family, almost My Big Fat Greek Wedding style but Italian. I graduated college with a Bachelor's of Science degree in Chemistry with minors in Writing and Jewish Studies. I believe the best part of me is that I am a wife and mother. It was my less than ideal birth experience that led me to where I am today. It was this experience that gave me the passion to help women achieve their ideal birth. I have since spent time researching and understanding the woman's body through pregnancy, labor, and postpartum. My journey has led me to become trained as a birth and postpartum doula through DONA.
It all started because of my son. He is my Life's Journey.
Looking for Wellness Care
Feeling a little sore? Looking for ways to relax? Curious whose face baby has?! A one stop location to cater to your prenatal needs! Services include: 4D ultrasound, massages, reiki, chiropractic care, perinatal hypnosis, nutrition, and more! For information, please contact:
Located in Toms River, NJ. 732-831-4801 https://www.miraculousmomentsnj.com/
DONA International: https://www.dona.org/
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)'s 2017 Press Release: https://www.dona.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/ACOG-Press-Release-Feb-2017.pdf
DONA's Position Paper: The Birth Doula's Role in Maternity Care: https://www.dona.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/DONA-Birth-Position-Paper-FINAL.pdf
DONA's Birth Doula Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice: https://www.dona.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/COESOP-2017-FINAL-Birth.pdf
DONA's Position Paper: The Postpartum Doula's Role in Maternity Care: https://www.dona.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/DONA-Postpartum-Position-Paper-FINAL.pdf
DONA's Postpartum Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice: https://www.dona.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/COESOP-2017-FINAL-Postpartum.pdf